Effective leaders must understand how business and industry regulations affect the operations of contemporary organizations. Through an exploration of legal topics related to profit/nonprofit and public/private sector enterprises, you will gain a foundational understanding of organizational law. Course topics include laws governing torts, contracts, litigation, arbitration, compensation, and consumer protection. You will examine case studies and evaluate real-life situations often faced by organizational leaders.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the structure and operation of the state and federal judicial systems.
- Identify legal and ethical issues that that typically arise in business.
- Describe the important features of the different forms of business organization.
- Describe the sources, purposes, and major features of international law as it applies to global business.
- Conduct basic legal research and analysis of cases, statutes, and regulations.