Contemporary organizations require individuals to collaborate in teams. The ability to lead such teams effectively is a prized skill and vital to both organizational and personal success. In this course, you will learn how to identify and develop effective individual and team behaviors, apply contemporary research on groups, leading teams, and team development to individual and collaborative team activities, and engage in self-reflection and team role-playing exercises that will develop and strengthen your leadership skills.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of teams and understand team processes.
- Develop and use team charters effectively.
- Explain how cooperation and competition influence team dynamics.
- Identify key issues faced by teams in contemporary organizations.
- Use survey results to reflect on individual orientation toward teamwork (e.g. attitude, cooperation, conflict style, etc.).
- Apply problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically think, express, and defend ideas in written, oral and presentational forms.