Please join us for a talk from Andrew Cook about the many features Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services has to offer developers. We will hear a presentation and there will be time for Q&A afterward.
Andrew Cook is a software developer, speaker, and Paramedic with experience in the Microsoft Stack specializing in cloud application development. You can find more from Andrew on his blog: https://codingwithcookie.com/ . You can also find him on twitter: @codingwcookie (https://twitter.com/codingwcookie).
Years ago when deploying software you would have to follow a tedious multistep process. A process which would fail under the smallest of errors and inevitably there were errors. Luckily today there are tools to automate not old the deployment process but also the build process. This allows teams and individuals to setup and use continuous integration and continuous deployment. We’ll explore setting up a Git repository, automating builds and deployments from that repository, setting up project work and bug tracking, and creating load tests to measure performance.
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/user-guide/what-is-vsts) is a cloud service for collaborating on code development. It provides an integrated set of features that you access through your web browser or IDE client, including:
- Git repositories for source control of your code
- Build and release management to support continuous integration and delivery of your apps
- Agile tools to support planning and tracking your work, code defects, and issues using Kanban and Scrum methods
- A variety of tools to test your apps, including manual/exploratory testing, load testing, and continuous testing
- Highly customizable dashboards for sharing progress and trends
- Built-in wiki for sharing information with your team
The SU Web Developers Meetup is sponsored by the Seattle University Web Development Certificate. This group is open to everyone who wishes to learn more about web development and grow or share their knowledge.